Welcome to WSFS
You have reached the Web site of the Western States Folklore Society (formerly California Folklore Society). Click on the buttons in the navigation panel at the left to explore our site:
- About WSFS describes the organization
- Membership tells you how to join the Society
- Publications describes our journal, Western Folklore, and how to submit articles and reviews for publication
- Meetings contains information about our Annual Meetings in April
- Contact Us provides email and surface mail addresses
Book review titles for Western Folklore now available online
Our new Review Editor, Afsane Rezaei, is looking for reviewers for a slew of new books, so we’ve added a new page that lists their titles. There you can select titles you would like to review. Afsane will then contact you about reviewing. To access the list, visit the Publications page and click on the Titles for Review button in the navigation panel.
Western Folklore, Vol. 80, No. 3/4 now in production
Volume 80, Number 3/4 (Summer/Fall, 2021), the next issue of Western Folklore, is now in production. For a preview of the contents, click on the Forthcoming Issue button in the navigation panel.
Western Folklore, Vol. 80, No. 2 mailed to membership
Volume 80, Number 2 (Spring, 2021), the most recent issue of Western Folklore, was mailed on March 15, 2021; please allow three weeks for delivery (foreign mail may take up to two months). For a preview of the contents, refer to the Current Issue page. For the contents of previous issues, see the Previous Issues page.